TVDF Presents Lama Jhampa Shaneman
Twelve Links of Dependent Arising
and Vajrayana Guidance – April 3-12
The Twelve Links of Dependent Arising helps explain how events come into being at the most subtle and profound levels. How is it that our consciousness flows from one moment into the next, then one life to the next, and where does the wisdom of being self aware play a role? These questions and others are explained through the Twelve Links of Dependent Arising, one of the Buddha’s most famous teachings.
- April 4 – Part One of Yamantaka Initiation and teaching, 7 to 8:30 p.m. At BIBS. (Initiation by permission only. Inquire about requirements at BIBScenter@yahoo.com.)
- Sunday, April 5 – Part Two of Initiation, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, April 10 – Twelve Links of Dependent Origination, 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Vietnamese Temple. (All of these teachings are appropriate for beginners)
- Saturday, April 11 – Twelve Links of Dependent Origination 10 a.m. to noon at Vietnamese Temple.
- April 11 – Twelve Links of Dependent Origination, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. at Vietnamese Temple.
- Sunday, April 12 – Twelve Links of Dependent Origination 10 a.m. to noon at private residence.
- April 12 – Potluck, noon to 1 p.m.
- April 12 – Twelve Links of Dependent Origination 1 to 3 p.m. at private residence
Jhampa Shaneman studied Mahayana Buddhism in Dharamsala, India from 1971 until 1984, a time in his life when he was an ordained monk, doing long retreats and receiving teachings and doing translation for many learned lamas. He continued to teach the Dharma in Canada and Mexico.