Meditation, Lightly-Guided Continues on Sundays in April, except April 12
Sundays, 1-2 p.m. continues into April. (with Dan Black) Sharing techniques passed on from his teachers. This includes two, 24-minute sessions that are guided to practice developing stability, clarity and vigilance. The April 12 session will be canceled. Dan is on retreat. Many students are at Lama Jhampa’s teachings.
Reflecting Gems: Half-day Meditation Retreat with Jhampa Shaneman
April 4, from 9 a.m. to 11:30 – Lama Jhumpa leads short meditation sessions with instructions on how to develop Calm Abiding, along with associated practices. Open to all. Bring layers for warmth and water bottle.
Buddhist View: 100 – Foundations
Explores the Four Noble Truths and Noble Eightfold Path. With Dan Black and Rev. Michele Tae.
- Mondays, 7 to 8:15 p.m. (10 weeks) Drop-ins welcome.
- Feb. 16 – First Noble Truth DAN
- Feb. 23 – Second Noble Truth DAN
- March 2 – Third Noble Truth M’TAE
- March 9 – Fourth Noble Truth DAN
- March 16 – Noble Eightfold Path (1&2) MTAE
- March 23 – (3&4) DAN
- March 30 – (5&6) Right Action, Right Diligence – CHIA
- April 6 – (7&8) MTAE
- April 13 – Conventional truth, skillful means, MTAE
- April 20 – Ultimate truth, emptiness DAN
Regularly meeting at BIBS are:
- Treasure Valley Dharma Friends Vajrayana group
- Beginners Mind Sangha Book Study
- Boise Insight Group
- Refuge Recovery
- Open Gate Zen Group
– Check calendar for details –