Meditation, Lightly-Guided Continues in February and March
Sundays, 1-2 p.m. continues into March. (with Dan Black) Sharing techniques passed on from his teachers, and their teachers before them, this includes two, 24-minute sessions that are guided to practice developing stability, clarity and vigilance.
Reflecting Gems: Half-day Meditation Retreat with Dale Bowden
March 14, from 9 a.m. to noon – in the style of B. Alan Wallace. Dale is a longtime student of Alan Wallace and will facilitate the meditation. Along with guided and unguided sessions, short audio teachings by Dr. Wallace will be presented, combining his scholarly multi-disciplinary approach to Buddhism and its correspondence to modern science.
Buddhist View: 100 – Foundations
Explores the Four Noble Truths and Noble Eightfold Path. With Dan Black and Rev. Michele Tae.
- Mondays, 7 to 8:15 p.m. (10 weeks) Drop-ins welcome.
- Feb. 16 – First Noble Truth DAN
- Feb. 23 – Second Noble Truth DAN
- March 2 – Third Noble Truth M’TAE
- March 9 – Fourth Noble Truth DAN
- March 16 – Noble Eightfold Path (1&2) MTAE
- March 23 – (3&4) DAN
- March 30 – (5&6) Right Action, Right Diligence – CHIA
- April 6 – (7&8) MTAE
- April 13 – Conventional truth, skillful means, MTAE
- April 20 – Ultimate truth, emptiness DAN
Boise Dharma Center – Dzogchen Lineage Purification Workshop and Intro Class
Learn the techniques and practices for purifying negative karma – Feb. 21, 22 – Purification2015
Floating Clouds Zen Group
March 7, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Zen Meditation with Leslie James from Tassajara Zen Mountain Monastery At Komyozan Dojo, Call for details, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
At Beginners Mind Sangha
March 19-22; Michael Ciborski Retreat. Details at http://www.beginnersmindsangha.org/retreats.php
Regularly meeting at BIBS are:
- Treasure Valley Dharma Friends Vajrayana
- Beginners Mind Sangha Book Study
- Boise Insight Group
- Refuge Recovery
- Open Gate Zen Group
- Check calendar for details -